- Pre-heat Oven to 400 F/200 C
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft, add the flour and sautee until brown (careful not to burn).
- Add mushroom and cook until softened, add chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix in peas and carrots, and stir in the cream and salt.
- Add in the cooked potato and combine well. Set aside.
- Spray a rectangle baking pan.
- Unpack the filo pastry and place the first layer onto the baking pan. Continue to layer the pastry , brushing with the melted butter every time a new layer is placed.
- After 6 layers, add the filling and distribute evenly.
- Place a layer of filo pastry onto the filling and repeat the process until all 6-7 layers are placed.
- Brush the top layer with milk and sprinkle the black seed.
- Place into oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown
- Cool and serve.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
If you wanted a different twist to your regular chicken pie, try using a filo pastry instead of your regular shortcrust. The result is a delightfully crunchy and light meal. If you have not used a filo pastry before, not to worry because following the instructions on the package should set you up nicely.
Also using the black seed provide a nice flavour and texture to the dish, not to mention the health benefits of this amazing herb.
You will need:
2 tbsp Olive oil
700 g chicken breast (diced)
30 g butter
1 tsp plain flour
4 potatoes (peeled and boiled)
1 cup mushroom (sliced)
1 large onion (diced)
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 cup cream
1 package filo pastry (from the frozen section in the supermarket)
1 tsp black seed
Posted by Norzaini at 10:00 PM