Chocolate Coconut Dates
In our quest to free ourselves from sugar dependency, we try to substitute our sugar laden lives with healthier alternatives. I love this particular one because these bites are quick and easy to make. It only took me 10 minutes to prepare.
It's main ingredients are dates, nuts and coconut flakes. Not only it is healthy, but they are tasty and a hit with the kids.
- 1 cup dates (you can pre-soak in water to soften then drain)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup almonds or macadamia nuts
- 2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- dash sea salt
- In a food processor add all of your ingredients.
- Pulse your ingredients until well blended. About 2-3 minutes. They will be a bit chunky still.
- Roll your mixture into balls.
- Lastly dust with coconut flakes
- Refrigerate to store.